Tuesday 8 June 2010

Ant Wars

This year we have gained three anthills and I have decided enough is
enough! So I have been franticly scouring the interweb to find ways
to get rid of them. We have black ants out here about a centimetre
long and I get a damn itchy bite when they attack me for no reason

My search found a couple of ways to remove them, these involved
boiling water, digging, acid mixes and cinnamon. I tried the boiling
water which seemed to help a bit. Then I tried standing there for a
hose for ten mins, this looks like it's giving results, it looks
like one hill is gone and I'm now working on the other two, partial
victory.

And so far I have suffered one bite, but it is a very annoying bite
and it will be with me for a week. That's why I smell like TCP most
of the time, and there's nothing sexier than the smell of TCP.

Tomorrow my war with the lawn mower, just like Denholm I find that I
like declaring war on things.

No comments: