Thursday 5 August 2010

A small slice of Canadiana

This morning, finding myself alone but with the important addition of a vehicle, I decided to check out the Canadian obsession with pancake breakfasts. They seem to delight in throwing these things at the drop of a hat and I had yet to partake.

I got up bright and early before 7am, mainly to do the bins which it turns out was 24 hrs early. That's one lie in I won't see again in a hurry. After this abortive attempt I fire up the car and drove through the backstreets to CIBC and a breakfast of Tim Horton's coffee, a couple of small pancakes and two breakfast sausages. All of this for a suggested donation of $1, bargain. They had a little area setup for communal eating but it seemed to be pretty packed and to be honest my early morning good will did not stretch to chatting with strangers so I munched in my car.

This in no way resembles my breakfast :)

And the review, very positive. Everyone was nice and friendly, the breakfast well worth a dollar and I got to see some of the cars all decked out for RockinAugust, which this brekkie was linked to.

And now even though the breakfast was not overly large I shall travel to the gym, I think rowing for a while will resolve any guilt issues.

No comments: