Friday 17 September 2010

Sickness and Generosity in St. Albert

Well this week has been an interesting mixture of good and annoying. Let's start with the bad, I've had an evil monkey of a cold since last Friday and today's the first day that I feel back to normal. It's been sitting on my chest like a dirty euphemism and although I haven't been coughing much, when I do it hurts. I've even been missing my daily walks, although the temperature has taken a hit, -3 this morning.


And now the good, and it was a nice lump of good. On Wednesday Jacqui was thrown a baby shower at work. Mostly a north American thing but it's normally work colleagues & friends giving presents in preparation for the new baby. What we weren't ready for was the amount of stuff and the generosity of the people. Jacqui works at a small company of around 200 people and she came home with four huge bags of stuff and a bunch of gift vouchers. This will help us with the necessary purchases no doubt.
Which reminds me. We have to also thank all the other people who have given and lent us baby stuff, we have a lot of toys, clothes and equipment now, all of which we would have had to buy.

In balance, a good week, the generosity and helpfulness has far outweighed one cold :)

No comments: