Wednesday 1 April 2009

Thursday in London

We left Canadia 7pm Wednesday evening and due to time differences and flight durations arrived at Heathrow at 9.30am Friday. Richard went to the coach station to meet his sister Jacqui to head up to Norfolk, and I took the Heathrow Express train into London to meet first Elisabeth at Euston and then Carolyn at the Central Ballet School where she works.

After lunch at Carolyn's flat, we took the train to Clapham Junction to go to a large costume shop there. Sue had organised a 60s/70s party for the Saturday night, so I wanted find wigs for Richard and I. This shop had probably around 100 different wigs and so I found a great beehive for my 60s outfit and a Starsky-style wig for Richard's 70s get-up. However, more on that story later.

I lasted until 9.30pm on Thursday evening and then slept really well until Carolyn woke me with a cup of tea Friday morning.

No comments: