Saturday 4 August 2007

Technobilly

A brief update on the various technology purchases that have been sanctioned by the committee since our arrival.

Sharp AQUOS 42" 1080p LCD TELEVISION LC42D62U
http://www.sharp.ca/products/index.asp?cat=30&id=661
Lovely piece of kit, great picture, zero dead pixels and it makes things look great :)

Toshiba upconverting dvd player, nothing special, HDMI link.

Wii with sports, Mario and Heatseeker (the most I've sworn at a game for a long while, many many bad words were let out to play trying to land my @*£<&!" plane on the £&*^%$@? aircraft carrier). Shaw HD digi-box, let's us have HD TV surprisingy. D-Link Wireless-N Router, sure I've got some cards laying around somewhere, UK ones I think. And I've ordered my new PC. There's a company called memoryexpress http://www.memoryexpress.com/ , internet prices but you can go in shout at them, they seem pretty good.

New spec will be around :
Intel 6850 CPU
4GB RAM
1 TB Memory
DVD RW
8800 GTS SC 640MB Graphics
22" LCD monitor
Assorted other bits.

And I've bought Oblivion to see what it can do :)

Jacqui's bought an iron and a hoover.

1 comment:

Neilo said...

You'll still be rubbish at COD even with your fancy computer....