Sunday 22 July 2007

And we're in

Sorry for the delay in updating - I've been busy working, Richard's been busy unpacking and we've been without t'interweb for a few days. The house is gorgeous and so far we've got the living room straight but everywhere else is still chaos.



















The area we've moved to is lovely, loads of trees and over 70km of trails for cycling and walking. We cycled about 0.1 of them this morning to test our new bikes and I'm now walking like John Wayne.



















As a true civil engineer, I had to take a picture of this bridge. This is a wooden rail trestle across the River Sturgeon near us, dating from 1907 (the bridge not the river) and still in use.







The weather has been too hot over the last weeks - high 20s to low 30s every day so we've been sleeping in the basement every night as it's the coolest place in the house. On Friday We had our first barbecue on Friday night.





Last Saturday we were invited to a box at the U20 soccer world cup with a few people from work. It was a really good match, even for a non-football fan like me, and went to penalties. The box was air conditioned with two rows of seats in front of it and there was lots of lovely free food and drink.

Otherwise not much news, other than the house. My first tender at work won the job so I'm feeling really good about that. I now feel worth all the money the company has invested in me.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic Guys, glad to hear everything is going so well.

So you are both now walking like John Wayne. At least you have an excuse Jackie.

The place looks lovely. We are very jealous. As you have probably heard the weather here has been similar to yours (well actually almost the exact opposite).

C&W have offered my another permie job. This time I am going to take it, and they are letting me run my contract until the end of September before I start. Bonus.

Julie-Anne was accepted for the PGCE in early years primary and is already head down going through the reading list in prep for September.

Nice to see your lovely Lamp is already setup.

As a hint you may find the living rooms cools down down slightly more if you actually plug the fan in...

Anonymous said...

Hello BF, i had no idea you were off on an adventure,I heard from Robin that you were of the far side.... I hope it works out for you.

I have joined the 21st century and know now all about facebook(i am clever me), so if you want to put your internet connection to some use please look me up.

It has been a very long time....
Lee C.