Monday 14 September 2015

Kindergarten is the Best Thing Ever

That was a quote from a tearful father as I waved him off and prepared to enjoy something I wanted to watch on TV and then at some point close the bathroom door when I needed to use the facilities.  Happy, happy times.

Dan is really enjoying his classes, all the kids are getting used to each other and the teachers seem interested and enthusiastic.  Dan is doing French Immersion in the morning and English in the afternoon.  He says he likes English best, this is almost certainly due to quality of toys.

I know a couple of the parents now, they range from from indifferent to nice :)  I'm helping out a bit with envelopes and some bits before school, it helps me get a feel for the class and school and I'm glad to do it.

I learned some important lessons too.  Dan came back after the first day and said that some children found it funny that he had Frozen yoghurt tubes and not superhero ones.  Dan told them that he didn't care what was on the outside as long as the inside was nice.  I was seriously impressed with his attitude ............ I also changed his tube the next day.  Being mature is great, but no need to separate him from the group with no real reason.

We've also had to take a modicum of effort dressing him appropriately, couple of times I noticed that he just looked uncoordinated or just dressed wrongly.  Now I double check him before we head down for breakfast.

All in all it's going very well, he's happy, we're happy, and the house is noticeably cleaner-ish.  My things to do list now exists and grows day by day, I've heard the real trick is to make it shrink but I've yet to be convinced.

No comments: