Monday 2 April 2012

Back in the cot with you!

Our first (proper) go at putting Dan in his cot went well and after two weeks we were all getting used to it. Then came the time of Virus which knocked him and therefore us for a six. He was completely out of sorts for a week and we were with him 24/7 which obviously meant out of the cot.

That lasted about 10 days including recovery. He stayed with Jacqui for the remainder of the second week and he was definitely sleeping better than before our little experiment.

But Jacqui had a taste of evening freedom and I agreed that getting him back in his cot would be best for everyone. So Saturday night we started again and this time he seems more angry than upset to me. Then again I am slightly tired so may be biased.

Another notable worry is that this time I seem to be the one
who gets him off to sleep on my shifts. Now this could be because I have been putting in the cot for his naps for the previous week, but even so I REALLY want to share this power.

I reckon that we will have this sorted again in a week or so but the journey there won't be too much fun. Anyway it's ten to eight and he's still asleep so I will enjoy this time and prepare for the awakening.

No comments: