Wednesday 18 June 2008

Work, Grandparents and Flooding

I'm feeling the burn, I've been here for a week now and apart from minor headaches due to the amount of info I'm trying to assimilate and my bosses assertions that he'll fire me if it doesn't work out, I'm starting to get into it. Ironically the stuff I used to hate most (documentation) is pretty much all I'm doing and I'm quite enjoying it. Jacqui's grandparents come over today and we have them for 10 days, it'll be nice to have visitors again. And hopefully I'll get to go across to the mountains with them next Friday, work permitting.

Oh and by the way we had big rain yesterday, flooding up to 1 metre in some bits of St Albert, an inch INSIDE Superstore which was funny and the water up to peoples door handles in the carpark. Took me two and a half hours to get home compared to the normal 40 min.... Soo many Albertans with dead cars, I think a mixture of bad maintenance ( they don't have MOTs out here if it moves they can drive it on the roads) and no experience driving in water did not help. Made me smile though :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just Checking.. have you both still got all the required amount of feet?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/19/bc_foot_number_six/

Bearded Fool said...

http://www.theregister.co.uk
/2008/06/19/bc_foot_number_six/

it truncated John's comment so here the link is.