Tuesday 26 February 2008

Banff Trip Pics and Stuff

We went down to Banff with Angie Tony Ian and Lorna and had a great time, appart from the back end of my cold annoying me.

Ice and snow at the Banff museum.


Think this one's called big pointy


Not a bad view



Tony with the Mountain Man Steak



The skiier in all her gear



..and now in motion. Note the fearsome concentration. Out of shot several crash barriers just in case.



View from the top of the new gondola at Lake Louise


It's a shame I was not able to ski but I think that now Jacqui and I are at a similar stage for our next trip so that's all groovy. Thanks to Ian and Tony for giving Jacqui impromptu ski lessons, she can plough with the best of them now. We also went for a walk back through Johnston canyon which is still pretty but was packed full of people on the bank holiday weekend, something to remember for next time.

Anyway it's time for me to wander out and clear compacted snow with my shiny new shovel, I get all the best presents.

No comments: